Tuesday 5 November 2013

Decorating the House for Christmas


 


I am not big on lots of loud colours around me during the Christmas season, so everything has to blend or harmonise with the decor in the house, otherwise I want to rip it all down after a week as it feels untidy.


I cemented a stick into an old plant pot which I had sprayed gold this is topped with a polystyrene ball.  I then used pearl head pins to secure. various Christmas balls and twigs into the foam.  I have used this same ball with christmas wrapped toffees or chocolates attached ready to eat during the festivities.  But, they have to be topped up quite regularly as they seem to disappear.  Toffees can be removed by putting a finger on the pin head and pulling gently, removing toffee and leaving pin securely in ball.  Small children should be supervised. 

 I have made the toffee version as a family gift when visiting friends with large families at Christmas.  Just be aware that a tennis ball sized polystyrene ball takes at least one hundred toffees. (I usually by 2kg bulk bags at the Cash and Carry)

No comments:

Post a Comment